Tuesday, September 14, 2004

What are the flowers born of right living?

Non-violence, non-possesiveness, non-stealing, truth and celibacy - these are the flowers of right living.


Whatsoever I do flows out of my state of rest.
I do not swim. I just float.
No one can ever do anything for another but if something happens to others out of what I am, that is something else - and there to - I am not the doer.

I am one with all things
in beauty, in ugliness,
for whatsoever is - there I am,
not only in virue
but in sin too I am a partner
and not only heaven, but hell too is mine
Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tzu - it is easy to be their heir
but Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
They are also within me!
no, not half - I am the whole of mankind
whatsoever is man's is mine -
flowers and thorns, darkness as well as light,
and if nectar is mine, whose is the poison?
whoever experiences this, I call religious.
for only the anguish of such experience can revolutionize life on earth.

Once something is perfect, it is dead. The painting that I have started will remain imperfect - although I will go on trying to make it perfect, but it is the very nature of existence that it cannot be perfect.
And it is not my painting.
Those who are with me, it is as much their painting too. When I am gone, you have to continue to paint it. The painting has to go on growing new flowers, new foliage. Don't let it be dead at any point.
In other words, don't let it become perfect.
Make every effort to make it perfect, but don't let it become perfect.
Then there is tremendous beauty ... and always flowing and growing, and there comes no full stop.
In life we are always in the middle.
You don't know the beginning of life, you don't know the end of life. We are always in the middle and everybody has always been in the middle. It is a process, an ongoing process, a river that goes on flowing. That's the beauty of it, that's the glory of it.