Monday, April 19, 2010

Tale 17 ~ 100 Tales for 10,000 Buddhas


In the morning discourse I am sitting very close to Him, recording His discourse on my little cassette recorder. I don’t even know about extension cords. I tie my little microphone wire to His mike as usual and sit down.

Today something amazing is happening: as He starts speaking, I feel I know beforehand word for word what He is going to say. Later when I tell Him about this experience He says, “It is called synchronicity with the master. Before the words are spoken, they are in the shape of thoughts arising in consciousness like ripples. If someone is silent, he can catch the thoughts before the word--it is very simple.” Then He adds that I should not pay much attention to thoughts but watch the source from where they are arising. He explains the whole process in such a simple way so that while listening there is a clear glimpse of it.