Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tale 24 ~ 100 Tales for 10,000 Buddhas



While Osho is in the bathroom, the cook of the house brings a cup, half full of some green juice. He says, “It is neem juice and Osho drinks it first thing in the morning.” He leaves the cup on the table.

When Osho comes out of the bathroom, I tell Him about neem juice in the cup. He says, I used to drink it, but now I have stopped it. It purifies the blood--and you can drink it.” I take a drop on my hand and taste it. It is very bitter. I tell Osho, “It is very bitter.” He says, “Just hold your breath for a moment and drink it in one gulp.” I do it like an obedient child and He makes me drink it for all the three days and tells me to continue it at my home also.

I continue it for about two months until one day an old woman tells me that neem juice should not be taken for more than a week. She is surprised to hear that I have taking it for two months. She says, “It is your master who has saved you. Otherwise, it can be very harmful.” I feel this was Osho’s message through that woman to stop drinking the neem juice.